Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
A border police shootout in Western Bulgaria has left a migrant injured, the Interior Ministry says.
The incident dates back to March 04 and occurred near Dragoman, a town not far from the border with Serbia.
A man from Afghanistan was wounded as police targeted the vehicle of smugglers that tried to flee.
Officers tried to inspect the car and stop it for a check, but the driver refused to heed their signal.
He even tried to push the chasing police car off the road, according to the statement.
Border police were then forced to shoot due to "a direct danger for their lives", having fired warning shots first.
That did not stop the driver, but just before entering Dragoman he failed to take a turn and his car crashed.
The driver was subsequently detained. Eight Afghan migrants were found in the car.
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack
- » The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested
- » Suspect in Bombings in Austin Committed Suicide
- » Midnight Drama in Varna, a Man Killed a Neighbor and Killed Himself
- » The Police Caught an Organised Criminal Group Robbing Casinos
- » Three Migrant Traffickers Arrested Near Turkish Border