Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Launches Poster against Russian Sanctions
Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) chair Korneliya Ninova has vowed to veto any renewal of sanctions imposed on Russia by the European Union.
Her comments, cited by the BSP press office, follow a Facebook post which slams the restrictions hampering, according to socialists, Bulgaria's trade and economy.
On Facebook, Ninova's poster included her own image next to a short address: "Gentlemen, the next time you put sanctions against Russia to a vote, Bulgaria will impose a veto. Korneliya Ninova." The last four words were marked in red.
Decisionmaking at the European Council, which was targeted by Ninova's poster, require a qualified majority.
The remarks of the BSP's leader come weeks before the early election due on March 26.
- » CEM will Check if There is Censorship and Pressure in the Bulgarian National Television
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » "For" and "Against" the Istanbul Convention Today in Parliament
- » A Motion of no Confidence Enters the National Assembly Today
- » The Ombudsman and the Trade Unions Submit a Legislative Proposal to Protect Labor Rights
- » Investments of over BGN 12 Million in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Serbia