Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Launches Poster against Russian Sanctions
Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) chair Korneliya Ninova has vowed to veto any renewal of sanctions imposed on Russia by the European Union.
Her comments, cited by the BSP press office, follow a Facebook post which slams the restrictions hampering, according to socialists, Bulgaria's trade and economy.
On Facebook, Ninova's poster included her own image next to a short address: "Gentlemen, the next time you put sanctions against Russia to a vote, Bulgaria will impose a veto. Korneliya Ninova." The last four words were marked in red.
Decisionmaking at the European Council, which was targeted by Ninova's poster, require a qualified majority.
The remarks of the BSP's leader come weeks before the early election due on March 26.
- » CPC Makes Inspections in the Dairy Sector
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Opened the International Technical Fair in Plovdiv
- » New Road Repairs in Sofia
- » From Tomorrow Vitinya Tunnel to Sofia will be Closed for Repairs
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans