Bulgaria's Socialist Leader Launches Poster against Russian Sanctions
Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) chair Korneliya Ninova has vowed to veto any renewal of sanctions imposed on Russia by the European Union.
Her comments, cited by the BSP press office, follow a Facebook post which slams the restrictions hampering, according to socialists, Bulgaria's trade and economy.
On Facebook, Ninova's poster included her own image next to a short address: "Gentlemen, the next time you put sanctions against Russia to a vote, Bulgaria will impose a veto. Korneliya Ninova." The last four words were marked in red.
Decisionmaking at the European Council, which was targeted by Ninova's poster, require a qualified majority.
The remarks of the BSP's leader come weeks before the early election due on March 26.
- » EU to Open Case Against Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic Over Migration
- » Burgas Municipality Introduces Electrical Bicycles
- » The Government will Provide BGN 35.1 Million to Municipalities for Improvement of Infrastructure
- » Important Information For Anyone Planning to Travel to East Bulgaria
- » The Whole 'Tsarigradsko Shose' Boulevard has Cracks after Repairs Last Year
- » Bulgarian Government Approves Amendments in Labour Code for Additional Protection to Workers