Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
Three bombs went off in central Sofia in the night of Wednesday into Thursday, local media report.
The incident occurred near a building that will house specialized judicial institutions when construction is complete, located not far from the National Palace of Culture (NDK) and popularly known by the name "the military NDK".
Police say the development was an instance of hooliganism.
Daily 24 Chasa, however, reports the homemade bombs may have targeted the office of Kosta Bogatsevski, a former Interior Ministry Chief Secretary.
bTV station has also cited a witness saying the apartment building near which the bombs were planted is wheer Bogatsevski's office is located.
But police argue that was a "coincidence".
The bombs exploded around midnight, waking up some residents.
- » Police is Checking a Suspicious Luggage at Varna Airport
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town