Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
Three bombs went off in central Sofia in the night of Wednesday into Thursday, local media report.
The incident occurred near a building that will house specialized judicial institutions when construction is complete, located not far from the National Palace of Culture (NDK) and popularly known by the name "the military NDK".
Police say the development was an instance of hooliganism.
Daily 24 Chasa, however, reports the homemade bombs may have targeted the office of Kosta Bogatsevski, a former Interior Ministry Chief Secretary.
bTV station has also cited a witness saying the apartment building near which the bombs were planted is wheer Bogatsevski's office is located.
But police argue that was a "coincidence".
The bombs exploded around midnight, waking up some residents.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Says Her Detention Was 'Misunderstanding'