Bulgaria Runs Risk of Periphery Role in EU
Countries like Bulgaria which are no Eurozone members may face marginalization in a European Union of several tiers, political scientist Daniel Smilov has said.
In an interview with Focus News Agency, Smilov has warned that the Eurozone may end up as a more integrated "first tier".
Bulgaria and other countrie, which have not yet joined the single currency area, risk falling out of the first tier.
However, elections due in a number of European capitals this year will be decisive for the process, Smilov has added.
- » CNN: The world's Longest Paid Motherhood is in Bulgaria
- » Juncker: Bulgaria is an Inspiring Example for the Western Balkans
- » BBC: The Country that Brought Yoghurt to the World
- » Varoufakis: "Do not be Fooled, the Crisis is not Over and the Euro is in Jeopardy"
- » Daily Sabah: Separatists in Northwest Bulgaria Seek Autonomy or to Join Romania
- » DW: Bulgaria Takes Over EU Presidency in Turbulent Times