Bulgaria Runs Risk of Periphery Role in EU
Countries like Bulgaria which are no Eurozone members may face marginalization in a European Union of several tiers, political scientist Daniel Smilov has said.
In an interview with Focus News Agency, Smilov has warned that the Eurozone may end up as a more integrated "first tier".
Bulgaria and other countrie, which have not yet joined the single currency area, risk falling out of the first tier.
However, elections due in a number of European capitals this year will be decisive for the process, Smilov has added.
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels
- » BBC: Why is Bulgaria's Population Falling off a Cliff?
- » Bulgaria is Currently Undergoing an Unusually Rapid Demographic Transformation
- » UN: 'Bulgaria Has Reduced Household Waste, Air Pollution Considerably'
- » National Statistical Institute Announced Number of Crimes, Accused Persons and Persons Convicted in 2016
- » Economically Inactive People in Bulgaria: Who are They and How Many are They?