Bulgaria's Sozopol Voted 6th in European Best Destinations Ranking
The Black Sea town of Sozopol has received the sixth-best result in the shortlist of the European Best Destinations 2017 ranking.
Sozopol, described in the ranking as "the oldest town in Bulgaria" (a title that can be attributed to Plovdiv, which came third last year) is also seen as a placce offering "a great diversity of landscapes and tourist opportunities", located "between cities and nature, tradition and modernity, mountains and sea."
"The city of Sozopol has harvested on social networks the highest number of positive comments from foreign travellers, amazed by the beauty of this seaside resort."
The competition included 20 destinations picked by the organization, of which the fifteen destinations which got the biggest number of votes are shown on the website.
Its ranking includes votes of travellers from more than 174 countries, who chose Porto as the European Best Destination 2017. The Portuguese city gets the title for the third time after 2012 and 2014.
Other shortlisted cities (apart from Sozopol) include Milan, Gdansk, Athens, San Sebastian, Vienna, Stari Grad, Basel, Rotterdam, Rome, Madrid, Paris, Bonifacio and Wild Taiga.
- » Bulgaria is Again Among the Most Preferred Destinations for Russian Tourists
- » Bulgaria will have Advertising Billboards in New York
- » Wizz Air Opens 28th Base in Varna
- » More and More Foreigners Work on the Black Sea Coast
- » Number of Violations Were Found Along the Northern Black Sea Cost
- » Minister of Tourism: 'Almost as Many Greeks Come to Bulgaria as Bulgarians Visit Greece'