Euro Funds for Science, Education To Be Frozen Due To Irregularities Under Kuneva's Management
Operational Programme Science and Education for Intellectual Growth may be halted and intermediate payments have been frozen temporarily.
This became clear after an inspection of the programme by the European Commission in October 2016 which discovered several irregularities in its management.
This is why the EC has addressed Bulgarian authorities with a letter stipulating several recommendations. Unless, these are fulfilled, the programme will be terminated.
Interim Education Minister Nikolay Denkov has confirmed that such a letter has been received on Thursday evening.
Denkov has requested the resignation of the head of the managing body of the operational programme which is based at a department of the ministry – Tsvetana Gerdzhikova.
- » All Road Repairs in Bulgaria will be Completed by December 21
- » 97% of Voters in the General Toshevo Referendum are Opposed to Gas Extraction
- » Nearly 60% of Employers in Bulgaria are Planning an Increase in Wages in 2018
- » The Fees for 34 Municipal Services in Sofia Could be Paid Online from Next Year
- » "Four Paws" Organization Transports a Pregnant Lioness from Razgrad to Sofia
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country