Bulgaria's President Radev Meets Merkel
President Rumen Radev participated on Friday in an informal meeting of the European Council held in Malta.
The heads of state and government leaders of EU member-states discussed in Valletta the issues related to the migrant influx in Europe, as well as Brexit, reported the government’s press service.
At the summit meeting, the Bulgarian President talked personally with German Chancellor Angela Merkel who wished Radev success in his responsible mission as head of state.
The two leaders discussed the future official visit of Radev to Germany and exchanged opinions on topical issues on the EU’s agenda.
Rumen Radev and Angela Merkel confirmed the wish of both Germany and Bulgaria to develop cooperation in bi-lateral relations.
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The European Council Extended the Sanctions Against Russia for Another 6 Months
- » Denmark Considers Using Cryptocurrencies for Humanitarian Aid
- » Norway Becomes the 1st Country in the World to Completely Switch Off its FM Radios
- » The Last European Council For 2017 to Begin in Brussels Today