Bulgaria's President Radev Meets Merkel
President Rumen Radev participated on Friday in an informal meeting of the European Council held in Malta.
The heads of state and government leaders of EU member-states discussed in Valletta the issues related to the migrant influx in Europe, as well as Brexit, reported the government’s press service.
At the summit meeting, the Bulgarian President talked personally with German Chancellor Angela Merkel who wished Radev success in his responsible mission as head of state.
The two leaders discussed the future official visit of Radev to Germany and exchanged opinions on topical issues on the EU’s agenda.
Rumen Radev and Angela Merkel confirmed the wish of both Germany and Bulgaria to develop cooperation in bi-lateral relations.
- » Turkey-Europe Tensions High as EU Summit Opens
- » Brexit: Theresa May Offers More Assurances to EU Nationals
- » Commissioner of the EC Admitted being a Victim of Sexual Harassment
- » Madrid Prepared to Halt Article 155 if Catalan Premier Calls Early Elections
- » Brexit, Pyongyang, Turkey and Iran - the Key Themes of the EU Leaders Meeting
- » "We Want you to Stay After Brexit", London has told EU Citizens