Fire Breaks Out at Harmanli Migrant Center
A fire broke out on Tuesday morning at the Harmanli reception and accommodation center in Southern Bulgaria, authorities say.
A short circuit or an overload of the electricity grid are among the likely resons, according to the Bulgarian National Radio.
As many as 500 migrants were evacuated, wuth authorities moving them to other spaces.
Almost 3000 people live in Harmanli, where riots broke at the end of November.
- » Area Near Hospital in Central Sofia Sealed Off after Grenades Found
- » British Boy in Severe Condition after Jacuzzi Incident in Bulgaria
- » Water Supply to Be Cut in Some Sofia Neighborhoods on Monday
- » Minor Quake Felt near Bulgaria's Strazhitsa
- » Turkey's Western Coast Hit by Strong Quake Felt in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Woman Dies as Tunnel Lamp Falls on Car