Trump, Putin Discuss 'Equal Partnership' Prospects over Phone
The Presidents of United States and Russia talked over the phone on Saturday evening, touching issues such as Syria, the Israel-Palestina conflict, the fight against terrorism, and bilateral trade.
The Kremlin said Ukraine had also been on the agenda.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump talked for around 45 minutes.
The two underlined they stood ready to develop a "constructive", equal and mutually beneficial partnership and agreed their administrations should work toward arranging a meeting.
On Saturday, Trump also caled French President Francois Hollande and Greman Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt