Trump, Putin Discuss 'Equal Partnership' Prospects over Phone
The Presidents of United States and Russia talked over the phone on Saturday evening, touching issues such as Syria, the Israel-Palestina conflict, the fight against terrorism, and bilateral trade.
The Kremlin said Ukraine had also been on the agenda.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump talked for around 45 minutes.
The two underlined they stood ready to develop a "constructive", equal and mutually beneficial partnership and agreed their administrations should work toward arranging a meeting.
On Saturday, Trump also caled French President Francois Hollande and Greman Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- » EU Leaders Sign New Declaration 60 years After Signature of Treaty of Rome
- » France and Germany Tell UK to Expect No Brexit Favours
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe
- » Two More People Have Been Arrested After the Attack in London