Trump, Putin Discuss 'Equal Partnership' Prospects over Phone
The Presidents of United States and Russia talked over the phone on Saturday evening, touching issues such as Syria, the Israel-Palestina conflict, the fight against terrorism, and bilateral trade.
The Kremlin said Ukraine had also been on the agenda.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump talked for around 45 minutes.
The two underlined they stood ready to develop a "constructive", equal and mutually beneficial partnership and agreed their administrations should work toward arranging a meeting.
On Saturday, Trump also caled French President Francois Hollande and Greman Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia
- » Germany Rejects Demands to Halt Turkey's Bid to Join the European Union
- » Minimum Pension in Slovenia Reaches EUR 500
- » Angry Nationalists Storm Macedonian Parliament