Trump, Putin Discuss 'Equal Partnership' Prospects over Phone
The Presidents of United States and Russia talked over the phone on Saturday evening, touching issues such as Syria, the Israel-Palestina conflict, the fight against terrorism, and bilateral trade.
The Kremlin said Ukraine had also been on the agenda.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump talked for around 45 minutes.
The two underlined they stood ready to develop a "constructive", equal and mutually beneficial partnership and agreed their administrations should work toward arranging a meeting.
On Saturday, Trump also caled French President Francois Hollande and Greman Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- » The Suspects in the Attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils Were Planning One or More Bigger Attacks
- » Turkey's Erdogan Calls German Leaders 'Enemies'
- » Death Toll in Barcelona Rises
- » Paris Police Evacuate Migrant Camp
- » ISIS Supporters Celebrate Barcelona Terrorist Attack: ’Kill the Spanish Pigs’
- » U.S., Japan Agree to Boost Defenses Against North Korea