Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses Epic Australian Open Semi-Final Against Nadal
After a five-set thriller which lasted 4 hours and 56 minutes, Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov (15th) lost the Australian Open semi-final to Spaniard Rafael Nadal (9th) –6:3 5:7 7:6(5) 6:7(4) 6:4.
Dimitrov performed excellently throughout the nerve-wrecking match but, at the end, Nadal’s physical and psychological stamina, as well as greater experience had their say and brought him a deserved victory.
Despite Dimitrov’s excellent combination of offensive and defensive tennis, Nadal broke the Bulgarian for 5:4 in the fifth, decisive set.
“It is difficult to describe my emotions after such a match. Grigor played incredibly. This was a great match. I am happy I was part of such a match,” said Nadal after the game.
This was Dimitrov’s first semi-final at the Australian Open and only his second chance to win against Nadal in a total of 9 matches played between them.
Rafael Nadal will face Swiss Roger Federer in the final on Sunday.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League