Trump Moves to Withdraw from Pacific Trade Deal
United States President Donald Trum has signed an executive order that initiates his country's pullout of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The TPP, a cornerstone of his predecessor Barack Obama's political doings, has never been ratified by the Congress whose members have given it a mixed reception.
It involves 12 countries and is aimed at boosting growth and forging closer economic ties.
Other actions in his first regular workday include a cut in funding to American aid groups providing or promoting international abortions and a freeze in hiring federal employees.
- » Romania Finalizes Draft of Judiciary Overhaul Criticized by EU
- » Recep Erdogan: 'All Countries Located Close to Turkey are Part of Its Interests'
- » May Might Leave Next Stage of Brexit Bill Until Next Month
- » The European Commission Has Prepared a Series of New Measures Against Terrorism
- » Australia Risks Humanitarian Crisis Over Asylum
- » Russian, Israeli Leaders Discuss Iran Nuclear Program, Syria, Iraq