Trump Moves to Withdraw from Pacific Trade Deal
United States President Donald Trum has signed an executive order that initiates his country's pullout of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The TPP, a cornerstone of his predecessor Barack Obama's political doings, has never been ratified by the Congress whose members have given it a mixed reception.
It involves 12 countries and is aimed at boosting growth and forging closer economic ties.
Other actions in his first regular workday include a cut in funding to American aid groups providing or promoting international abortions and a freeze in hiring federal employees.
- » Former Playboy Model Says Trump Tried to Pay her after Sex
- » Czech PM Babis Says will 'Probably' Expel Russian Spies
- » After 14 years: A Man Finds his Lost Cat
- » Smoking Freely will be Allowed in Bars and Restaurants in Austria for Now
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018