Laid Off Miners Block Bobov Dol Mine Again
Fifty of the laid off Bobov dol miners blocked the passage of trucks transporting coal to the mine at 10:00 hrs on Friday for a second day in a row, reported BGNES.
There were about 50 people at the blockade at 10:30 hrs but more people keep arriving.
On Thursday, about 100 people blocked the entry and exit of trucks transporting raw materials for the mine.
Negotiations with the head of Coal Extraction – Bobov dol Haralampi Zlatanov failed – miners did not accept the proposal for a rescheduled payment of their remuneration.
According to the miners, the sums amount to six gross salaries plus food coupons and unused paid leave.
- » The Monument of Buzludzha is Among the Seven Most Endangered in Europe
- » Bulgaria's Jobless Rate Edges Down m/m in Feb
- » Bulgaria Provides EUR 200,000 to Support Refugees from Syria
- » 8 Stations of the Third Metro Line will be Ready by Autumn 2019
- » 13 Municipalities are Facing Bankruptcy, 49% of the Spending goes to Salaries
- » Parliament will Discuss an Updated National Security Strategy