15-Km Truck Queue at Danube Bridge, Russe
There is a 15-km queue of trucks at Danube Bridge Russe, reported BGNES.
Traffic jams started forming in the afternoon as many people began returning from work and they cannot move on due to the trucks.
The situation was complicated further by snow-cleaning machines. Traffic is regulated by three units of Border Police and their colleagues from Road Police.
The reason for the long queue of trucks is the complicated winter situation in the last 24 hours when there were restrictions on the movement of trucks.
Romanian authorities had also stopped trucks from moving in order to clear the roads from snow. It was only at 14:00 hrs on Wednesday that the movement of trucks weighing over 7.5 tonnes was permitted again.
Some of the trucks have to wait at Danube Bridge due to the fact that ferries do not operate because of the ice flow and there is no other way to pass through.
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting
- » Protests at the Hospital in Pomorie Continue
- » Bulgarian President Convenes National Security Council
- » Dairy Products Prices Seen Going Up by 10% in 2017