15-Km Truck Queue at Danube Bridge, Russe
There is a 15-km queue of trucks at Danube Bridge Russe, reported BGNES.
Traffic jams started forming in the afternoon as many people began returning from work and they cannot move on due to the trucks.
The situation was complicated further by snow-cleaning machines. Traffic is regulated by three units of Border Police and their colleagues from Road Police.
The reason for the long queue of trucks is the complicated winter situation in the last 24 hours when there were restrictions on the movement of trucks.
Romanian authorities had also stopped trucks from moving in order to clear the roads from snow. It was only at 14:00 hrs on Wednesday that the movement of trucks weighing over 7.5 tonnes was permitted again.
Some of the trucks have to wait at Danube Bridge due to the fact that ferries do not operate because of the ice flow and there is no other way to pass through.
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi