Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
Outgoing Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova is of the opinion that the number of Russian tourists to Bulgaria could increase by 40% in 2017.
Angelkova commented on the topic to Focus agency during a working visit to Moscow.
According to data of the National Statistical Institute, Bulgaria was visited by 530,000 Russian tourists until November 2016 and the peak was in July 2016 – nearly 152,000 tourists.
In 2015, Russian tourists numbered 418,000 and the increase was due to the refusal of Russians to go on holiday to Turkey and Egypt.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure