Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
Outgoing Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova is of the opinion that the number of Russian tourists to Bulgaria could increase by 40% in 2017.
Angelkova commented on the topic to Focus agency during a working visit to Moscow.
According to data of the National Statistical Institute, Bulgaria was visited by 530,000 Russian tourists until November 2016 and the peak was in July 2016 – nearly 152,000 tourists.
In 2015, Russian tourists numbered 418,000 and the increase was due to the refusal of Russians to go on holiday to Turkey and Egypt.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria