Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
Outgoing Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova is of the opinion that the number of Russian tourists to Bulgaria could increase by 40% in 2017.
Angelkova commented on the topic to Focus agency during a working visit to Moscow.
According to data of the National Statistical Institute, Bulgaria was visited by 530,000 Russian tourists until November 2016 and the peak was in July 2016 – nearly 152,000 tourists.
In 2015, Russian tourists numbered 418,000 and the increase was due to the refusal of Russians to go on holiday to Turkey and Egypt.
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists
- » Ryanair's Sofia Flights Moved to Terminal 2 as of Monday
- » Bulgaria Set to Record 8-Million Tourist Mark
- » Burgas Airport to Reopen on Saturday
- » Bulgaria Enables Online Purchase of Train Tickets
- » Chinese Tourist Shoots Viral Bulgaria Promotion Video