Three Bulgarian Customs Officers Sentenced for Taking Bribes
More than three years after receiving bribes, three customs officers have been sentenced but at first instance only.
The customs officers worked at border cross checkpoint Gueshevo.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, one of them accepted EUR 150 in bribes in order not to carry out customs inspections.
The other two took a total of EUR 100 from the same person but on different days. The first one has been sentenced to one year in prison with three years of probation, a fine of BGN 1,500 and a ban to work at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry in the next 3 years.
The second customs officer has been sentenced to 6 months on probation, while the third employee has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison. They have also been banned from working at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA