Three Bulgarian Customs Officers Sentenced for Taking Bribes
More than three years after receiving bribes, three customs officers have been sentenced but at first instance only.
The customs officers worked at border cross checkpoint Gueshevo.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, one of them accepted EUR 150 in bribes in order not to carry out customs inspections.
The other two took a total of EUR 100 from the same person but on different days. The first one has been sentenced to one year in prison with three years of probation, a fine of BGN 1,500 and a ban to work at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry in the next 3 years.
The second customs officer has been sentenced to 6 months on probation, while the third employee has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison. They have also been banned from working at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod