Three Bulgarian Customs Officers Sentenced for Taking Bribes
More than three years after receiving bribes, three customs officers have been sentenced but at first instance only.
The customs officers worked at border cross checkpoint Gueshevo.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, one of them accepted EUR 150 in bribes in order not to carry out customs inspections.
The other two took a total of EUR 100 from the same person but on different days. The first one has been sentenced to one year in prison with three years of probation, a fine of BGN 1,500 and a ban to work at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry in the next 3 years.
The second customs officer has been sentenced to 6 months on probation, while the third employee has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison. They have also been banned from working at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry.
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents