Three Bulgarian Customs Officers Sentenced for Taking Bribes
More than three years after receiving bribes, three customs officers have been sentenced but at first instance only.
The customs officers worked at border cross checkpoint Gueshevo.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, one of them accepted EUR 150 in bribes in order not to carry out customs inspections.
The other two took a total of EUR 100 from the same person but on different days. The first one has been sentenced to one year in prison with three years of probation, a fine of BGN 1,500 and a ban to work at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry in the next 3 years.
The second customs officer has been sentenced to 6 months on probation, while the third employee has been sentenced to one year and five months in prison. They have also been banned from working at the Interior Ministry and the Finance Ministry.
- » Police Turns Over 7 Bulgarian Citizens to Greek Authorities
- » Two Israelis Detained over Death Case Near Bulgaria's Samokov
- » Bulgarian Police 'Helping People Smugglers', Migrant Claims
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Released on Bail
- » Shooting in Sofia Neighborhood Leaves Taxi Driver Wounded
- » Former Prosecutor Takes Over Sofia Regional Court