Bulgaria's Burgas Cut Off Due To Heavy Snow, Strong Winds
Heavy snowfall and strong winds cut off all approaches to Burgas on Tuesday.
Initially, early in the morning on Tuesday, traffic was restricted in the section of Trakia highway from Zimnitsa hub (in the region of Yambol) to Burgas.
Later, at noon, the section Yambol-Sredets – an alternative route - was also closed.
Slightly after 16:00 hrs, information appeared that the old road via Petolachkata hub cannot be used as well.
In addition, the closing of the section Obzor-Burgas made the approach from Varna impossible as well.
Traffic of all vehicles along the third-category road network in the region of Burgas has been prohibited.
- » Funds for Bulgaria's Building Sanitation Programme Raised to BGN 2 B
- » BGN 9.7 M Allocated by Bulgarian Govt for Dealing with Bird Flu
- » Bulgarian President-Elect Radev To Visit Brussels First
- » Bulgarian Refugee Agency ex-Official Indicted over Willful Neglect
- » Bulgarian MPs' Silence Leaves Voting System Change to Next Parliament
- » Italian Military Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport