US Ambassador to Bulgaria to Remain in Office under Trump
The United States' Ambassador to Sofia will not be removed after Donald Trump enters the White House, the diplomatic mission says.
Eric Rubin will retain his office, 24 Chasa and Standart daily newspapers quote the embassy as saying.
The statement comes after Trump promised to remove diplomats appointed under Barack Obama's administration.
But the Embassy has made it clear his comments only refer to political appointments and not to career diplomats like Rubin.
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations
- » Roland Hauser: There Is Still Room to Improve Bulgaria's Business Environment
- » Bulgaria President Awards Order to Spanish Ambassador
- » Turkish Embassy Condemns Attack on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair