Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has climbed up the ATP ranking after grabbing the title at Brisbane International, the tennis association's website shows.
Dimitrov has moved up by two spots and is now No 15, trailing behind Nick Kyrgios (Australia), and getting closer to his best ever ranking when he made it into the world's Top 10 in 2014.
Bulgaria's highest-ranking tennis player defeated Kei Nishikori at the Brisbane International final after a year of bitter defeats and low performance, confirming the upward trend of the past several months.
As of Monday, he has overtaken on one of the world's greatest tennis players, Roger Federer, who ranks No 17 (Dimitrov's previous score).
The development has a symbolic importance as Dimitrov was once nicknamed "the Baby Federer" because of similarity in style.
- » "Ludogorets" Will Host the Matches of Europa League in Razgrad
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins His 1st Masters 1000 Tite in the Finals in Cincinnati
- » Grigor Dimitrov Has Achieved a Historic Success
- » Bulgarian Best Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov Reaches the Semi-Finals in Cincinnati Tournament
- » Bulgaria Will Host 2 Tournaments of the New World Volleyball Championship in 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati