Bulgarian Police Detained 19 000 Migrants Last Year
Police detained nearly 19 000 migrants on the territory of Bulgaria last year, the Interior Ministry says.
The lowest number was recorded in December (70 people) and the biggest in August, at 3000 people, according to minisry statistics.
As many as 4600 were detained while trying to enter Bulgaria, nearly a third of them (more than 1400) being from Iraq, followed by those from Afghanistan and Syria.
The number of migrants detained while trying to get out of the country decreased last year to nearly 5000, down from the 9000 in 2014.
The figure revises earlier estimates of 17 977 migrants detained on the territory of Bulgaria and 4526 while entering.
- » Around 1,500 Migrants have been Rescued in the Last Three Days in the Mediterranean
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year