Bulgarian Police Detained 19 000 Migrants Last Year
Police detained nearly 19 000 migrants on the territory of Bulgaria last year, the Interior Ministry says.
The lowest number was recorded in December (70 people) and the biggest in August, at 3000 people, according to minisry statistics.
As many as 4600 were detained while trying to enter Bulgaria, nearly a third of them (more than 1400) being from Iraq, followed by those from Afghanistan and Syria.
The number of migrants detained while trying to get out of the country decreased last year to nearly 5000, down from the 9000 in 2014.
The figure revises earlier estimates of 17 977 migrants detained on the territory of Bulgaria and 4526 while entering.
- » Bulgaria Displays Ancient Treasures In Cooperation With Other European Countries
- » It Is Saint Thomas Sunday
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Three French People In Hospital After Car Crash Around Simitli
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » Sofia World Cup 2017 Is Coming on 5 May