Snowfall in Bulgaria Partly Paralyzes Railway Traffic
Some trains have suffered delays of several hours due to the heavy weather conditions, Bulgaria's state-owned carrier says.
The Sofia-Karlovo-Varna train will be 200 minutes late this afternoon (with a 3-hour delay also recorded in the other direction), while the night train from Sofia to Varna via Gorna Oryahovitsa arrived 318 minutes late.
The Sofia-Plovdiv-Burgas train is running 212 minutes behind schedule, the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) say.
On the Bulgarian National Television, a passenger was seen saying he had been informed his train would arrive 315 behind schedule due to frozen railroad switches along the track.
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Commemorates Saint Ivan Rilski
- » 782 Residential Buildings were Rehabilitated under the National Energy Efficiency Program
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » The Hungarian Police are Investigating Scientologists