Snowfall in Bulgaria Partly Paralyzes Railway Traffic
Some trains have suffered delays of several hours due to the heavy weather conditions, Bulgaria's state-owned carrier says.
The Sofia-Karlovo-Varna train will be 200 minutes late this afternoon (with a 3-hour delay also recorded in the other direction), while the night train from Sofia to Varna via Gorna Oryahovitsa arrived 318 minutes late.
The Sofia-Plovdiv-Burgas train is running 212 minutes behind schedule, the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) say.
On the Bulgarian National Television, a passenger was seen saying he had been informed his train would arrive 315 behind schedule due to frozen railroad switches along the track.
- » UN Urges for Quick Action to Preserve Water on Earth
- » Almost 40% of Bulgarians Stay in the Cold at Home
- » Facebook Security Chief is Reportedly Leaving the Company in Wake of Russian Disinformation Scandal
- » Charity Initiative: Wardrobe For the Poor
- » Students From Varna with Award from NASA
- » Bulgarian Diplomat Monitors the Situation of the Injured in the Bus Crash in Egypt