Snowfall in Bulgaria Partly Paralyzes Railway Traffic
Some trains have suffered delays of several hours due to the heavy weather conditions, Bulgaria's state-owned carrier says.
The Sofia-Karlovo-Varna train will be 200 minutes late this afternoon (with a 3-hour delay also recorded in the other direction), while the night train from Sofia to Varna via Gorna Oryahovitsa arrived 318 minutes late.
The Sofia-Plovdiv-Burgas train is running 212 minutes behind schedule, the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) say.
On the Bulgarian National Television, a passenger was seen saying he had been informed his train would arrive 315 behind schedule due to frozen railroad switches along the track.
- » Tropical Storm Brings Flooding to Philippines
- » EU Adopts 'Track-and-Trace' Tobacco System
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » 'Youthquake' Declared Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionaries
- » Six Children are in "Pirogov" Due to Food Poisoning From Chewing Gum