Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria has won his first title for the year by grabbing the title at Brisbane International.
The victory is a huge success after a year of tought defeats.
It has also brought Dimitrov the first ATP title in two-and-a-half years.
Dimitrov has defeated Kei Nishikori of Japan 6:2, 2:6, 6:3.
Dominating the first set, he has also managed to display patience throughout the third one, not giving Nishikori, the world's No 5, a single chance for breakthrough.
The world's No 17 is now expected to go up the ATP ranking whose new version is due to be announced on Monday.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam