Major Roads in NE Bulgaria Open, but Conditions Remain Heavy
There are severe conditions on several key roads across northeastern Bulgaria and elsewhere in the country, outgoing Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has said.
There are gale-force winds at a speed above 60 km/h in the northeasternmost regions of Silistra, Shumen and Dobrich, she has added.
Both Hemus motorway and the road between Targovishte and Shumen are open to traffic, the minister has added.
At a press conference, Pavlova has said there are no reports of stranded drivers and passengrers as of Sunday morning.
"There is no regional center without access for cars," in the words of Pavlova.
But she has added authorities are still working to restore power supply to dozens of towns and villages left without electricity, using help from firefighters and the military.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO