Need for Belene To Be Analysed by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Next week, Bulgaria’s Energy Ministry will sign a contract with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for the preparation of an analysis as to whether Bulgaria needs new nuclear capacity, as understood by the statement of outgoing Minister Petkova on bTV on Thursday morning.
Petkova pointed out that after Bulgaria did pay Russia the amount ruled by the Arbitration Court in Geneva, it is now time to be sensible about energy.
She explained that it is necessary for the assets of the Belene NPP to be diverted to a separate company which could be offered for privatisation – and, if there is interest, the project for a second nuclear capacity might be achieved. Otherwise, we have to find a buyer for the two reactors that have already been built.
Petkova stated these are ready, proven by three inspections by Bulgarian experts in Russia at the end of the year.
It is expected that the reactors will be delivered to Bulgaria by the April.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe