Russophiles-Russophobes Divide in Bulgaria 'Artificial' - FM
Bulgaria neither fears nor hates other countries, but is simply guided by principles in its policy toward Russia, outgoing Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has said.
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Television, Mitov has made it clear "he wishes all the best to the Russian people" on a personal note, but the country "must take a certain position" to those who act in contravention to international norms.
Speaking about the 10-year anniversary of Bulgaria's membership in the EU, he has asserted that the country made a "historic choice".
Sofia's position on EU issues has become much more active over the past two-and-a-half years, helping it initiate rather than just fulfill policy decisions, Mitov has argued.
On the Bulgarian woman wounded in the attack in Istanbul on New Year, he has noted that her condition is stable, but "unfortunately she will have to fight for her full recovery."
- » BSP donated books to the Bulgarian Cultural Center in Skopje
- » President Radev Accepted an Invitation for a Meeting for Erdogan
- » Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
- » The EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna will Happen after All
- » US Embassy in Sofia Was Bugged by Communist Bulgaria's Intelligence till 1990, Ex Spy Reveals
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Тalks with EU President Donald Tusk