Tennis: Bulgaria's Pironkova Triumphs over Voskoboeva in China
Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria has defeated Galina Voskoboeva of Kazakhstan in the Shenzhen tournament in China.
Bulgaria's highest-ranking female tennis player has won 6:4, 5:7, 6:3, thus making it into the tournament's second round, local sports media report.
To get a place in the quarterfinals, Pironkova will face Alison Riske (US) who reached the final of the same tournament last year.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's highest-ranking male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov is set to begin the season on Monday, facing the world's No 33, Steve Johnson, in Brisbane. Playing against Johnson, Dimitrov has so far won three in five games.
In a comeback that began in the summer, Dimitrov has moved up the ATP ranking and is not the world's No 17, after dropping out of the top 30 last spring.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal