Bulgaria's Health Minister 'Expelled from His Party'
Outgoing Health Minister Petar Moskov has been ousted from his Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB), party officials say.
No reasons are given for the move.
The decision was taken by the DSB's decision-making body, according to an emailed statement.
DSB was a member of the Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition, a loose alliance of parties that was the junior coalition partner of the outgoing government.
But in December of last year it moved into opposition after Parliament watered down several sections of a key judicial reform.
Moskov, however, stayed on as Health Minister, leaving the deputy chairman's office at DSB, but remaining a party member.
He had been maintaining his assumed the position "in person" and not representing the party.
- » Emergency Measures: Video Recorders and Seat Belts in the Public Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Calls an Extraordinary Meeting due to the Car Crashes Near Lovech
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017