Eighth Cistern Removed From Bulgaria's Hitrino
The eighth cistern which was left on Saturday night has been taken out of the village of Hitrino.
Three more cisterns have to be removed on Sunday. This will leave only one cistern which was leaking gas until Saturday.
Prime Minister Borisov expressed hope that residents of the village will be able to return to their homes by Tuesday.
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced that the cistern is still being processed. It is expected that water, sewage and electricity experts will enter Hitrino on Sunday in order to inspect the facilities.
“There will be a meeting on Monday in which all services will monitor the water, soil, air. They will give people the results from these checks in order for them to be calm and convinced that the results do not exceed the permitted levels,” explained Moskovski.
- » Police to Check Roads Across Bulgaria Against Illegal Immigrants, Trafficking of Weapons and Stolen Goods
- » GRECO: 'Bulgaria Has Implemented Satisfactorily 12 of the 19 Recommendations'
- » Small Balls of Hardened Fuel Oil Found on the Beaches of Nessebar and Ravda
- » 86% of Bulgarians Do Not Know What the 'Judicial Reform' is
- » Assenovgrad to Discuss the Measures Taken by the Local Authorities and Government
- » Three Committees Will Meet in the National Assembly Today