Eighth Cistern Removed From Bulgaria's Hitrino
The eighth cistern which was left on Saturday night has been taken out of the village of Hitrino.
Three more cisterns have to be removed on Sunday. This will leave only one cistern which was leaking gas until Saturday.
Prime Minister Borisov expressed hope that residents of the village will be able to return to their homes by Tuesday.
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced that the cistern is still being processed. It is expected that water, sewage and electricity experts will enter Hitrino on Sunday in order to inspect the facilities.
“There will be a meeting on Monday in which all services will monitor the water, soil, air. They will give people the results from these checks in order for them to be calm and convinced that the results do not exceed the permitted levels,” explained Moskovski.
- » Surprising Checks in Stores about Christmas Decorations and Fireworks
- » Gallup: 79% of Bulgarians do not Want Early Elections
- » Prison Officers from Plovdiv Hold Protest
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-Oct New Light Commercial Vehicle Registrations Rise
- » Strasbourg Court Decided on EUR 462,000 for the Blue House in Plovdiv
- » Over BGN 20mln Have Been Invested in Increasing Road Safety Over the Past Year