Migrants Loot Shops, Restaurants on Island of Lesbos
Without any reason at all, according to the residents of Lesbos, migrants thrashed restaurants and shops. Money and goods have been stolen. Stones were used to break shop windows.
Lesbos residents told the media that they will not permit hooliganism and ingratitude on the part of migrants. Demands are being made for the closing down of the camps. The police managed to arrests, within a few hours, five migrants from Algiers for participating in the looting.
Tension is great on the island of Crete as well where unknown persons tried to set a church on fire. Several icons were burnt and signs Allah Is Great were inscribed on the walls. This is the first attempt to destroy religious relics and, according to the police, this might be a provocation in order to create tension between Greeks and migrants.
In view of the upcoming holidays, greater security measures have been taken with respect to refugee camps and religious temples.
- » Nearly 2,800 Migrants have Arrived in Greece so Far this Month
- » Kosovo Gives Up Bid to join Interpol
- » Turkey Mulling Sanctions Over Iraqi Kurdish Referendum
- » Iraq Top Court Rules to Suspend Kurdish Referendum
- » Turkey Summons German Ambassador as Tensions Mount
- » Motorola Introduced Moto Z2 Play for Southeast Europe