Bulgarian Security Agent Indicted on 2 Counts
A security agent with the State Agency for National Security (DANS) has been arrested over document fraud and promulgation of state secrets, prosecutors say.
The anti-corruption department is now carrying out the investigation, 24 Chasa daily quotes prosecuting officials as saying.
E.I. was the head of a sector with the Counter-Intelligence department of DANS, Bulgaria's domestic security and counter-intelligence agency.
Prosecutors have taken away all documents related to the case from the agency.
They allege that between May 17 and August 03, E.I. misled a Bulgarian national that he will provide assistance to two foreign nationals willing to receive a permanent residence permit for the country.
He allegedly said he had cooperated to schedule an earlier date for Bulgarian citizenship interviews of two other foreign nationals.
E.I. allegedly wrought BGN 36 247 in damage to the nationals in question.
He is also accused of coercing an unidentified person into two Bulgarian identity cards and promulgating a state secret on the use of surveillance and intelligence equipment.
- » 782 Residential Buildings were Rehabilitated under the National Energy Efficiency Program
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » The Hungarian Police are Investigating Scientologists
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria