Bulgarian Security Agent Indicted on 2 Counts
A security agent with the State Agency for National Security (DANS) has been arrested over document fraud and promulgation of state secrets, prosecutors say.
The anti-corruption department is now carrying out the investigation, 24 Chasa daily quotes prosecuting officials as saying.
E.I. was the head of a sector with the Counter-Intelligence department of DANS, Bulgaria's domestic security and counter-intelligence agency.
Prosecutors have taken away all documents related to the case from the agency.
They allege that between May 17 and August 03, E.I. misled a Bulgarian national that he will provide assistance to two foreign nationals willing to receive a permanent residence permit for the country.
He allegedly said he had cooperated to schedule an earlier date for Bulgarian citizenship interviews of two other foreign nationals.
E.I. allegedly wrought BGN 36 247 in damage to the nationals in question.
He is also accused of coercing an unidentified person into two Bulgarian identity cards and promulgating a state secret on the use of surveillance and intelligence equipment.
- » The Road Infrastructure Agency has Warned of Snow and Strong Winds from Sunday
- » Bulgaria, Lithuania and Romania are the Countries with the Lowest Minimum Wage in the EU
- » There are no More Wild Horses on Earth
- » Brussels Introduces Free Public Transport and a Ban on Movement in Case of Air Pollution
- » 10 People Died in the Collapse of a Residential Building in Cairo
- » Dozens Died After a Crash in Peru