Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
Bulgrian operatic soprano Sonya Yoncheva and violin virtuoso Vesko Eschkenazy are on track to get Grammy Awards in February, having been nominated in two classical music categories.
Eschkenazy, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's concertmaster, is in the shortlist with Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op 100. Performed by his orchestra, the piece has been nominated for "Best Orchestral Performance".
Sonya Yoncheva's nomination comes for her role in Le Nozze Di Figaro ("Figaro's Wedding") where she performed alongside Thomas Hampson, Christiane Karg and Luca Pisaroni.
The Grammy Awards ceremony is due on February 12.
- » UK's Top Hobbies
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Berlin Film Festival Kicked Off Today
- » Today Begins The 68th International Film Festival in Berlin
- » The ABBA Show is Coming for the First Time in Bulgaria
- » The National Art Gallery Received a Donation of Over BGN 1 million