Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
Bulgrian operatic soprano Sonya Yoncheva and violin virtuoso Vesko Eschkenazy are on track to get Grammy Awards in February, having been nominated in two classical music categories.
Eschkenazy, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's concertmaster, is in the shortlist with Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op 100. Performed by his orchestra, the piece has been nominated for "Best Orchestral Performance".
Sonya Yoncheva's nomination comes for her role in Le Nozze Di Figaro ("Figaro's Wedding") where she performed alongside Thomas Hampson, Christiane Karg and Luca Pisaroni.
The Grammy Awards ceremony is due on February 12.
- » Bulgarian Among Winners of 'SciTech Oscars'
- » Bulgaria's Prolet Gallery Presents Graphics Exhibition By Veliko Marinchevski
- » Bulgarian-Directed Short Film Gets Oscar Nomination
- » Bulgaria's Prolet Gallery To Present Graphics Exhibition by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Sofia's MENAR Film Festival to Feature Central Asian, Indian Productions