Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
Bulgrian operatic soprano Sonya Yoncheva and violin virtuoso Vesko Eschkenazy are on track to get Grammy Awards in February, having been nominated in two classical music categories.
Eschkenazy, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's concertmaster, is in the shortlist with Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op 100. Performed by his orchestra, the piece has been nominated for "Best Orchestral Performance".
Sonya Yoncheva's nomination comes for her role in Le Nozze Di Figaro ("Figaro's Wedding") where she performed alongside Thomas Hampson, Christiane Karg and Luca Pisaroni.
The Grammy Awards ceremony is due on February 12.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Glenn Miller Orchestra With Concert in Sofia
- » La Traviata by Bulgarian Soprano Sonya Yoncheva with Big Success Worldwide
- » Look Into the Past with Exhibition ‘Sofia In the Dawn of Freedom’
- » Kristian Kostov is the Bulgarian Representative at Eurovision 2017