Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
Bulgrian operatic soprano Sonya Yoncheva and violin virtuoso Vesko Eschkenazy are on track to get Grammy Awards in February, having been nominated in two classical music categories.
Eschkenazy, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's concertmaster, is in the shortlist with Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op 100. Performed by his orchestra, the piece has been nominated for "Best Orchestral Performance".
Sonya Yoncheva's nomination comes for her role in Le Nozze Di Figaro ("Figaro's Wedding") where she performed alongside Thomas Hampson, Christiane Karg and Luca Pisaroni.
The Grammy Awards ceremony is due on February 12.
- » "Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices " with a New Single (Video)
- » In Moscow Opened Exhibition "SuperPutin"
- » Leonardo da Vinci's Salvator Mundi is Going to the Louvre Abu Dhabi
- » Martenitsa is now part of the Cultural Heritage of UNESCO
- » For the First Time Berlinale will Start with an Animated Film
- » Visit the Charming Street Library in the Bulgarian City of Varna