Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
Bulgrian operatic soprano Sonya Yoncheva and violin virtuoso Vesko Eschkenazy are on track to get Grammy Awards in February, having been nominated in two classical music categories.
Eschkenazy, the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra's concertmaster, is in the shortlist with Prokofiev's Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op 100. Performed by his orchestra, the piece has been nominated for "Best Orchestral Performance".
Sonya Yoncheva's nomination comes for her role in Le Nozze Di Figaro ("Figaro's Wedding") where she performed alongside Thomas Hampson, Christiane Karg and Luca Pisaroni.
The Grammy Awards ceremony is due on February 12.
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv
- » Artists Transform Facades into Works of Art in Bulgarian Seaside Town of Ahtopol
- » Three Bulgarian Women Painters with Exhibition at Arte Gallery
- » Rediscover Bulgaria Photo Exhibition on Lover's Bridge in Sofia
- » Rock Legend Sting to Perform in Bulgaria in September 16, 2017