Bulgaria's Bokova Enters Politico's List of People 'Shaking the World'
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova has been included in the Politico28 list of European people "shaking the world."
Topped by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, it includes at total of 28 people, one from each member state.
Bokova, currently into her second term at the helm of the UN cultural body, is called "the crusading preservationist".
"Defenders of the world's most significant cultural landmarks breathed a sign of relief when the United Nations declined to appoint her its first female secretary-general. That meant Irina Bokova, the Bulgarian head of the UN's cultural and educational body, UNESCO, would remain in her job and keep fighting to bring to justice the perpetrators of looting, desecration and destruction of cultural landmarks," her profile prepared by Politico28 reads.
Last year, Bulgarian MEP Eva Paunova made it into the prestigious ranking.
- » Strengthen the System of Protection of Migrants and Refugees in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Euro-Presidency Disappoints the Young People from the EU
- » New Study of Food in Bulgaria and in Western Europe: Double Standards of Quality and Price
- » Bulgarian Dance "Horo" in the Center of Brussels
- » 1st Plenary Session of the Informal Meeting of EU Health Ministers in Sofia is Under Way
- » The EC is Considering Setting Up a New Energy Agency