Bulgaria's Bokova Enters Politico's List of People 'Shaking the World'
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova has been included in the Politico28 list of European people "shaking the world."
Topped by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, it includes at total of 28 people, one from each member state.
Bokova, currently into her second term at the helm of the UN cultural body, is called "the crusading preservationist".
"Defenders of the world's most significant cultural landmarks breathed a sign of relief when the United Nations declined to appoint her its first female secretary-general. That meant Irina Bokova, the Bulgarian head of the UN's cultural and educational body, UNESCO, would remain in her job and keep fighting to bring to justice the perpetrators of looting, desecration and destruction of cultural landmarks," her profile prepared by Politico28 reads.
Last year, Bulgarian MEP Eva Paunova made it into the prestigious ranking.
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU to be Financed by the Juncker Plan in Respect to GDP