Ludogorets Tied 2:2 with PSG, Qualifying for Europa League
Ludogorets Razgrad has ended its participation in the Champions League after playing against Paris Saint-Germain in the French capital.
Through the tie, the Bulgarian football club has secured a point that allows it to play in the UEFA Europa League next year.
The other factor that has helped it qualify is the defeat of Arsenal over Basel with 4:1. Basel was the team vying with Ludogorets for the place in Europa League.
Misidjan and Wanderson scored for Ludogorets in the 15th and 69th minute respectively.
The Bulgarian club had a one-point edge for an hour until Cavani of PSG scored in the 61st minute, and Di María kicked into the goal two minutes into the extra time.
At three points, Ludogorets is left third in Group A, while PSG gets 12 points and the second place.
The result also means Arsenal wins Group A, with the team thanking Ludogorets for the tie that gave it an edge over PSG.
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament
- » Klitchko Revealed why he Gave up Boxing
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Received a Ban for Five Matches
- » Dimitar Dimitorv "Hero" was Appointed as the New Manager of Ludogorets