Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev has secured an overwhelming victory on Samuel Peter at a game in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
Through the win, Pulev has gained the World Boxing Champion (WBA) title.
The success has also made him a claimant for the International Boxing Federation (IBF) title now held by Anthony Joushua (UK) since April.
Peter made it past the third round, but failed to go on in the fourth after hering the gong, indicating he could not go on anymore.
Kubrat Pulev has thus secured the 24th victory in his career. His result also means he may be able to face Wladimir Klitschko again while vying for all four boxing belts.
His brother, Tervel Pulev, still making his first steps in professional boxing, also achieved a victory against Croatian player Tomislav Rudan.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic