Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
Bulgarian heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev has secured an overwhelming victory on Samuel Peter at a game in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
Through the win, Pulev has gained the World Boxing Champion (WBA) title.
The success has also made him a claimant for the International Boxing Federation (IBF) title now held by Anthony Joushua (UK) since April.
Peter made it past the third round, but failed to go on in the fourth after hering the gong, indicating he could not go on anymore.
Kubrat Pulev has thus secured the 24th victory in his career. His result also means he may be able to face Wladimir Klitschko again while vying for all four boxing belts.
His brother, Tervel Pulev, still making his first steps in professional boxing, also achieved a victory against Croatian player Tomislav Rudan.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Australian Open's 3rd Round
- » Grigor Dimitrov Makes It Past 1st Round at Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face World's No 231 in 1st Australian Open Game
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Tennis Ranking
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov Scoops Title at Brisbane International
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Final