Harmanli Riots: Scabies Found among Some Migrants
A sixth of migrants examined in the center of Harmanli, southern Bulgaria, have got scabies, authorities say.
As many as 81 are infected, out of 500 who went through examinations, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes medical officials in the region of Haskovo (where Harmanli lies) and the Bulgarian News Agency as saying.
There are seventeen other cases of skin diseases, while two others have lice. Cases of chicken pox, bronchitis and others have also been detected. Some of the migrants have been hospitalized, children included.
Riots broke out last week after more than 3000 migrants were locked up in the center following rumours among locals that some of them may have skin diseases.
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues
- » The Cabinet Decides Whether to Grant Easter Supplements to Pensions
- » 7 Years after the Start of the Toll System all Roads will be Repaired