Harmanli Riots: Scabies Found among Some Migrants
A sixth of migrants examined in the center of Harmanli, southern Bulgaria, have got scabies, authorities say.
As many as 81 are infected, out of 500 who went through examinations, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes medical officials in the region of Haskovo (where Harmanli lies) and the Bulgarian News Agency as saying.
There are seventeen other cases of skin diseases, while two others have lice. Cases of chicken pox, bronchitis and others have also been detected. Some of the migrants have been hospitalized, children included.
Riots broke out last week after more than 3000 migrants were locked up in the center following rumours among locals that some of them may have skin diseases.
- » 97% of Voters in the General Toshevo Referendum are Opposed to Gas Extraction
- » Nearly 60% of Employers in Bulgaria are Planning an Increase in Wages in 2018
- » The Fees for 34 Municipal Services in Sofia Could be Paid Online from Next Year
- » "Four Paws" Organization Transports a Pregnant Lioness from Razgrad to Sofia
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas