Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Not To Receive Additional Funding
Via an obviously pre-planned strategy, the majority in Parliament finally did not allow the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and Sofia University to receive additional funding at a second reading of the texts of the draft budget 2017.
After an emergency meeting of the budget commission, the text which stipulates a BGN 10 M increase in funding for BAN and a BGN 500,000 increase for Sofia University was submitted to a second vote. The second vote on the text of the draft where all expenditures are recorded was postponed. But when MPs returned to it, they rejected the increase of total expenditures via additional funding for these two institutions.
Thus, BAN and Sofia University will not receive the increase in funding.
- » Bitcoin Hits New Record High, Breaking $8,000 For the First Time
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined The Bulgarian Commodities Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017