Bulgaria’s Govt Approves EUR 600 M for Belene
The government has approved EUR 601,617,133 from the budget surplus to be allocated as state assistance to the National Electric Company (NEK).
The funds must be used by the state venture to pay Russian Atomstroyexport for the equipment ordered for the Belene NPP.
Bulgaria was sentenced via international arbitration to pay the money, while Parliament adopted a law permitting the allocation of the assistance back in September.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria undertook the commitment to the Russian side to pay the principal by December 15 in exchange for which it will be remitted EUR 23 M in interest.
The assistance is lent by the Energy Ministry and NEK has undertaken the obligation to pay it back within 7 years.
The assistance is being allocated after receiving an opinion of the European Commission, reported the government press centre.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik