Offshore Company Allowed to Acquire Technomarket Bulgaria
The competition watchdog of Bulgaria has given the green light for a Dubai-registered offshore company to acquire consumer electronics retailer Technomarket.
TGI Middle East FZE is also the entity which several months ago bought a stake in Bulgarian tobacco holding Bulgartabac, purchasing shares from controversial MP Delyan Peevski and Italian businessman Edoardo Miroglio.
Peevski's company NSN Investment, which he co-owns with his mother Irena Krasteva, got a full hold of Technomarket earlier this year.
The consumer electronics retail chain has some 60 stores across the country.
Earlier this month, the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office indicted Nikolay Kitov, the son of Technomarket's former owner who bears the same name, over BGN 4.23 M in losses incurred by the company at the time he was its Senior Product Manager.
His father was wanted in Italy over alleged tax fraud.
- » Putin’s Campaign Website Up and Running
- » Bitcoin Falls More than 7% as Regulation Worries Mount
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » 21 Children Injured After School Bus Crashes into House in Germany
- » Philippines Raises Mayon Volcano Alert Level After Lava Flow
- » Bitcoin Slides 14% on Crackdown Fears, Hits 4-Week Low