Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017
A short animation directed by Theodore Ushev, using Georgi Gospodinov's story Blind Vaysha was included in the list of top 10 proposals, one of which will be selected for Oscar nominations 2017, according to WebCafe.
The movie is part of the book And other stories (Writings from an Unbound Europe) (2001), translated into German, English, Italian and others.
Blind Vaysha is produced by the National Film Board of Canada and the music is made by Bulgarian musician Kottarashky.
The competition in the category ''Short cartoon'' is serious- the short list includes Disney and Pixar.
The story tells us about Vaysha - a very special girl. From the moment she was born, she can only see into the past with her left eye, and with her right she can only see the future. The past is familiar and safe, the future is sinister and threatening. The present is a blind spot.
In captivating parabolic imagery, the award-winning animation artist Theodore Ushev illustrates the world through Vaysha's eyes.
- » Spring Book Bazaar Opens at National Palace of Culture
- » Victor Bojinov Delves Into Bulgarian History in ‘’Heights’’
- » Sofia Hosts European Conference on Role of Culture For Social Inclusion
- » Theatrical Diversity of Asia - Part of the World Theater Program in Sofia 2017
- » Bulgaria’s Kristian Kostov 2nd in Eurovision Song Contest
- » Special Screening of New Bulgarian Movie ‘Benzin’ On May 25