Zoetrope - Bulgarian Animation Worth Watching
Today, November, 29, will be projected the full-length version of the animation Zoetrope by Sotir and Penko Gelevi. It takes several years and over 100 000 drawings and the result we will see in Cinema Lumiere, 18.30.
The official premiere of the animation will be аt the beginning of 2017.
Sotir Gelev, artist: Some of the movies are quite optimistic, others are pretty gloomy, but movie like this you have never seen. At least because such movies are not made since 70s.
Zoetrope is a movie, based on motion- all kinds of motion- physical, social and emotional. Two robots- Primus and Decimus have to go through a labyrinth that is full of extraordinary objects. To find the right way or sometimes just to satisfy their curiosity, the examine and recover the stories of the objects.
Far from useless philosophical conclusions, the movie shows this side of life, in which hope almost leaves; but still, the characters keep moving, actuated by obstinacy, foolishness, or just by the lack of other ideas, according to Kinomania.
The robots, under extraordinary conditions, have to take decisions, that they have not been programmed for. Especially when they meet the Minotaur.
More about the movie you can read here.
- » Bulgaria will Participate with a Band at the Eurovision (Video)
- » The National Gallery at the Age of 70
- » 22nd Sofia International Film Festival 7-18-29 March 2018
- » The Underground Youth Live in Sofia
- » Alter Ego Exhibition Opening
- » The Italian Аmbassador Presents an Exhibition in the Ethnographic Museum in Sofia