Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will be the host of the European Homeless Cup's next edition in the spring to come, a year ahead of schedule, organizers say.
Initially, the year announced was 2018, but the Austrian city of Graz insisted the championship should go there to mark the fifteenth anniversary of the first Homeless World Cup, of which it was also the host.
Twelve teams are due to participate in the event, eight of them being foreign ones, three Bulgarian and one made of refugees, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes organizers from Sports Management Bulgaria as saying.
The foreign teams are of Austria, Greece, Finland, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, England and Northern Ireland.
The championship is due on May 27-28.
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round
- » Ludogorets Faces Jalgiris Tonight After a Loss in the First Leg in a Battle for the Champions League
- » Football Legend Francesco Totti Confirms Retirement