Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will be the host of the European Homeless Cup's next edition in the spring to come, a year ahead of schedule, organizers say.
Initially, the year announced was 2018, but the Austrian city of Graz insisted the championship should go there to mark the fifteenth anniversary of the first Homeless World Cup, of which it was also the host.
Twelve teams are due to participate in the event, eight of them being foreign ones, three Bulgarian and one made of refugees, news website Dnevnik.bg quotes organizers from Sports Management Bulgaria as saying.
The foreign teams are of Austria, Greece, Finland, Romania, Lithuania, Italy, England and Northern Ireland.
The championship is due on May 27-28.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic