Transported Goods Up by 14% in Q3 2016
According to preliminary seasonally adjusted data, in the third quarter of 2016 compared to the previous quarter there was an increase in transported goods by 14.0% from the freight transport, while the transport performance fell by 1.9%, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced.
The numer of transported passengers and transport performance by passenger transport (land, water and urban electrical transport) decreased by 13.9% and 4.3%, respectively, compared to the second quarter of 2016.
According to preliminary data, during the third quarter of 2016 in comparison with the same period of 2015 the goods carried by the freight land and water transport increased by 2.2%, while the transport performance decreased by 7.3%.
In the third quarter of 2016 both transported passengers and transport performance by the passenger transport (land, water and urban electrical transport) decreased compared to the same period of the previous year, respectively - by 9.6% and 3.6%.
During the period July - September of 2016 the enterprises performing urban electrical transport (tram, trolleybus and metro) transported 49 118 million passengers or by 11% less in comparison with the third quarter of 2015. A decrease was observed in all types of urban electrical transport. The smallest decline was registered by the metro carriages - 3.4%.
- » Spain is Richer than Italy, According to Data from the IMF
- » Bulgarian National Bank Puts into Circulation a Silver Commemorative Coin "The Old Elm in Sliven"
- » Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
- » Аverage Insurance Income For Bulgaria in February is BGN 860.14
- » China Says Trade War is 'Lose-Lose' as it Hits America with New Tariffs
- » Bulgaria Reluctant to Seek ECB Scrutiny Before Euro Entry