European Commissioner Shevchovich To Lay Groundwork for Gas Talks in Moscow
It is expected that the meeting of European Commissioner Marosh Shevchovich in Moscow will open the way for tri-lateral negotiations among the EU, Ukraine and Russia on the transit of Russian gas to Europe. Shevchovich will hold talks with Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak and Deputy PM Arkady Dvorkovich.
A few days ago, Novak commented to BNR in Moscow that there are risks related to the transit of gas via Ukraine.
“So far as the winter season is concerned, there are serious risks here related to transit because Ukraine has started pumping a lot less gas than it should under technological standards. We are talking about 14.7 billion cubic metres, while it should be no less than 17-18 billion, which could present a risk to the reliable transit of gas for European customers.”
According to Minister Novak, the negotiated transit of Russian gas to European customers is at record-high levels this season and is carried out reliably by Gazprom via the gas grid of Ukraine.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK