EU Promises Ukraine Visa-Free Regime
The European Union has promised Ukraine a visa-free regime by December and a ratification of the Agreement for association and free-trade.
At the summit in Brussels, President Poroshenko assured that he is continuing the reforms for combating corruption and guaranteed the secure transit of Russian gas through Ukrainian territory to Europe.
“This is the first summit where no additional requests were made to Ukraine because we have fulfilled all our commitments,” stated Poroshenko and added:
“Now, we insist that our European partners fulfill theirs.”
Poroshenko reminded that, 3 years ago, the main demand of the Euromaidan in Kiev was the signing of the Association Agreement with the EU. It, however, did not enter into force due to the referendum in Holland which prevented the government from legalising the treaty.
- » EU Pushes Reforms as Ukraine Seeks Membership Promise
- » More than 20 Killed and Wounded in Fights in Eastern Ukraine
- » Russia has Invested USD 4.4 Billion in the Economy of Ukraine in 2017
- » The Ukrainian President: There Could be Changes to the New Education Law
- » Fire Broke out at an Ammunition Depot in Ukraine
- » Ukraine Separatists Proclaim New State of 'Little Russia'
This highly unpopular EU government that made enormous strategics mistakes and ruined the union with some countries leaving and other ready to leave the union continues to make offers and take decisions that are not coordinated with the national states.