Economic Downturn Expected in Bulgaria in 2017
Political instability in Bulgaria is likely to mar optimistic forecasts for economic growth next year, said economists from the Institute for Market Economics.
According to the latest expectations of the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the growth of Bulgaria’s economy will be around 2.5% - 3% in 2017.
However, the statements were made before the resignation of the government ensuing in political instability.
''The latest events in Bulgaria will have a negative impact on GDP growth and it will probably be around 2%'', said Desislava Nikolova, chief economist at the Institute for Market Economics, quoted by BTA.
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined the Bulgarian Stock Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017
- » Projects for BGN 180m have been Implemented Under JESSICA Program