Pope Francis: All Priests Have Right To Grant Absolution for Abortion
All priests will have the right to grant absolution for abortion, announced Pope Francis on Monday, reported AFP.
This was a temporary measure introduced on the occasion of the jubilee year of the Vatican but, now, the decision of the leader of the Catholic Church will remain permanent.
“As of now, I give all priests the right, in accordance with their office, the ability to forgive those who have committed the sin of abortion,” said the pope while commemorating the end of the jubilee year of mercy which ended on November 20.
- » North Korea Condemns U.S. Sanctions as Officials Gather For Olympic Ceremony
- » Estonia Celebrated its 100th Anniversary with a Large Military Parade
- » The UN Security Council Urged a 30-day Ceasefire in Syria
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days