BNB: Positive Balance of Payments of EUR 417.1 M in September
In September, Bulgaria’s balance of payments remained positive and marked an improvement for the first nine months of the year, showed data of the Bulgarian Central Bank (BNB).
The current and capital accounts balance of Bulgaria was positive in September and amounted to EUR 417.1 M, given a surplus of EUR 292.2 M exactly a year ago.
For the first nine months of 2016, the balance of the current and capital accounts was also positive and amounted to EUR 3.1194 B (or 6.9% of estimated GDP), given a surplus of EUR 1.9854 B (4.4% of GDP) for the same period last year.
In September, the current account balance was positive and amounted to EUR 366.7 M, compared to a surplus of EUR 149.2 M a year ago.
For the first nine months of 2016, the current account balance was positive and amounted to EUR 2.133 B (4.7% of GDP), compared to a surplus of EUR 954.6 M (2.1% of GDP) for the period January-September 2015.
The trade balance of the country was positive in September and amounted to EUR 30.6 M, compared to a deficit of EUR 192.8 M a year ago.
Since the beginning of the year, the trade balance marked a deficit of EUR 1.0881 B (2.4% of GDP), compared to a deficit of EUR 1.6118 B (3.6% of GDP) for the same period last year.
- » The Debt of Bulgaria for 2017 Amounts to BGN 25,064 Million
- » Spain is Richer than Italy, According to Data from the IMF
- » Bulgarian National Bank Puts into Circulation a Silver Commemorative Coin "The Old Elm in Sliven"
- » Card Payments in Bulgaria have Increased by 44% over Three Years
- » Аverage Insurance Income For Bulgaria in February is BGN 860.14
- » China Says Trade War is 'Lose-Lose' as it Hits America with New Tariffs