Belene Debt Must Be Paid by December 15 for Interest To Be Waived
The money for the Belene Nuclear Power Plant, which Bulgaria owes to Russia, must be secured in spite of the resignation of the government.
This expenditure has been approved by a decision of Parliament and has legal force, warned the Deputy Chairman of the Energy Commission Valentin Nikolov.
The Arbitration Court in Geneva ruled that Bulgaria must pay Russia over BGN 1 B for the equipment ordered for the Belene NPP. In order for the interest on the debt to be waived, the payment has to be made by December 15.
“If the new government comes to power and decides not to fulfill this commitment, then this amount will have to be added to the sum and it will increase together with the interest which is accrued daily,” explained Nikolov.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe