Protester Elected Mayor in Sofia Neighborhood
Desislava Ivancheva has won nearly 65% of the votes in Mladost neighborhood of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, set to become its next mayor, official results show.
Bulgaria held a mayoral election in Mladost alongside the presidential one as Ivancheva, an activist, defied incumbent mayor Tsveta Avdzhieva, from main ruling GERB party over the way the latter was running the neighborhod, including green spaces and construction issues.
"This is not a vote for me, this is a vote for the cause, for Green Mladost," she has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » Bulgarian Was Appointed For Director General of Eurostat
- » Night Public Transport in Sofia from the Spring
- » Parliament removes Valeri Zhablyanov as Deputy Speaker
- » BGN 151m Will Cost the Reconstruction of the Center of Sofia
- » The Guardian: Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Condemns Far-Right March in Sofia
- » Proportion of the Apolitical People in Bulgaria is Increasing