Bulgaria-Romania Intersystem Gas Link Launched
Gas transmission operators Bulgartransgas EAD and Transgas C.A. – Romania have completed the construction of the intersystem gas link Bulgaria-Romania, reported BGNES.
The interconnector Bulgaria-Romania has a total length of 25 km, of which 15.4 km on Bulgarian territory, 7.5 km on Romanian territory and 2.1 underwater transit link through the Danube.
One of the requirements of the European Energy Union for the implementation of an intersystem linkage between the gas transmission systems of the countries is being fulfilled via the launch of the interconnector. The integration of the regional market for natural gas in Southeastern Europe is enhanced.
The gas link Bulgaria-Romania will contribute to the diversification of natural gas deliveries. It will guarantee constant and secure natural gas deliveries to industrial and household users in the two countries.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik