Two Investors Interested in Bulgaria's Belene NPP
Two companies are interested in the reactors of the Belene NPP, announced Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova, reported BNR.
Investor interest may be satisfied only after the project is privatised and carried out as a private project. Petkova appointed out that, according to the agreement between NEK and Atomstroyexport, interest on the Belene deal has been waived.
“Another important part of the agreement is that Atomstroyexport declared that it has no claims in terms of investment disputes against Bulgaria,” specified Petkova. She insisted that Bulgaria will do everything possible to pay back by December 15th.
We are expecting an official notification from the European Commission and we have their assurance that this will happen in the shortest possible time.
- » Israel has Reached a Historic Deal on Egypt's Natural Gas Supply
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Negotiate the Construction of the Southern Gas Corridor Today in Baku
- » About 2000 Households are Without Power Supply in NW Bulgaria, Due to Strong Wind
- » The EU's Dependence on Gas Imports will Increase to 83% in 2040
- » CEZ: About 5 000 Subscribers in Western Bulgaria Are Still Left Without Power
- » Rising Urges Bulgaria to Meet Nuclear Power Potential